Chronology Covid19 and Aventure Colombia, key dates :
- On 6 March 2020, the Ministry of Health and Social Protection and the National Health Institute confirmed the presence of the coronavirus in Colombia.
- On 11 March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared the COVID-19 coronavirus a pandemic.
- On 12 March 2020, the Ministry of Health and Welfare declared and extended a nationwide health emergency until 30 November 2020.
- On 13 March 2020, the Aventure Colombia teams start teleworking.
- On 24 April 2020, the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare adopted the general biosafety protocol to mitigate, control and carry out proper management of the COVID-19 pandemic (and issued specific protocols for the different sub-sectors)
- On 27 May 2020, the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, through Resolution 0576 of 2020, created the “Check In Certificate” quality label as a tool to minimize the risks of workers, users, visitors and suppliers, generate confidence, increase the competitiveness of productive sectors and promote the recovery and sustainability of the tourism industry.
- On August 24, 2020, Aventure Colombia drafts and adopts biosafety protocols specific to the tourism sector.
- On 28 August 2020, Colombia adopted the “Safe Travels” label of the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). (label created in May 2020)
- On 1 September 2020, domestic tourism resumes with the opening of domestic flights. General containment is lifted, Colombia adopts selective containment (targeted quarantine on confirmed cases of Coronavirus and their entourages).
- On 20 September 2020, international tourism will gradually resume with the reopening of international flights.
- On November 12, 2020, Aventure Colombia will voluntarily join the ANATO list to obtain the “CHECK IN CERTIFICADO” quality label for travel agencies in Colombia.
- On 25 November 2020, an extension of the health emergency throughout the country until 28 February 2021.
- On 31 December 2020, the Ministry of Health finally issued a resolution requiring a negative coronavirus test (PCR) for all travelers arriving in the country.
- On 17 February 2021, Colombia begins a mass vaccination process.
- On 18 February 2021, Aventure Colombia will undergo a certification audit conducted by Global Certification to the standards required by the resolution 666 of 2020 and resolution 1443 of 2020.
- On 25 March 2021, the agency officially receives its Check in Certificate.
Safe Travels by World Travel and Tourism Council, What is it?
The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) has launched the first global health and safety seal. This specially designed seal will allow travellers to recognize governments and businesses around the world that have adopted standardized health and hygiene protocols, so that consumers can travel safely.
The landmark initiative by the WTTC, which represents the global private travel and tourism sector, has also been endorsed by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO).
The WTTC’s “SAFE TRAVELS” stamp aims to build traveler confidence by indicating to travelers which companies and destinations have improved their health and hygiene protocols.
The idea is to give travellers peace of mind by revealing which governments and destinations have adopted the WTTC’s globally standardised health and hygiene procedures following Covid-19. These procedures are based on the experience and guidelines of the World Health Organisation and the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
What does the World Travel and Tourism Council require of tourism operating agencies?
- Carry out a COVID-19 prevention plan that includes the cleaning and disinfection process.
- Staff medical checks
- Distance between desks,
- Protocols to reduce physical contact during payments
- Proper disinfection of hands and personal equipment
- Service providers that comply with safety and hygiene measures, exploring different operational options – such as digital or advance tickets, small groups and scheduled entry into the attraction – providing staff with substantial tools and information to implement, communicate and monitor infection control, among others.
World Travel and Tourism Council approves Colombia’s biosafety label, read more
“check in certificate” label
Aventure Colombia is certified with the Check In! seal. Biosecurity processes are in place for the safety and well-being of our travelers.
But what is the “Check In Certificado” and what does it do?
The biosecurity label, “Certified Check In, COVID-19 biosecure”, is a certification created by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, with the support of ProColombia and Icontec, and is supported by the World Tourism Organization (WTO) and the World Travel and Tourism Council
This label is voluntary and its main objectives are to create confidence among travellers and consumers, to minimise the risk of infection by the virus and to encourage tourism in Colombia. The certainty of using tourism services that comply with the protocols issued by the national government.
Aventure Colombia’s commitment
Although it is a voluntary process, Aventure Colombia wanted to take this step and be part of this project to facilitate the reactivation of tourism. Travelers should not be afraid, we do everything to make your trip an unforgettable and safe experience. We take the issue of our travelers’ safety very seriously, which is why we ensure the following :
- We choose our suppliers carefully and require them to comply with the biosafety processes established by the national government.
- We closely follow the news and developments on a daily basis in order to provide our clients with up-to-date information.
- We update our processes according to official announcements.
- We accompany our clients with up-to-date government information from the preparation of their trip to the end of their experience.
- We ensure that we adhere to our biosafety protocols as an agency for the safety of our staff and clients.
Every day, the Aventure Colombia team works to satisfy its customers, we are waiting for you!
Contact a Travel Agent now
Design the trip of your dreams today with one of our country experts: